Wednesday, April 17, 2013

How to Apply Cream Eyeshadow on Oily Skin






Learn how to apply cream eye shadow in this free makeup video clip from a professional makeup artist.

Video Transcript

I am here at Cynergy Dance Studio in San Antonio, Texas with my beautiful model Kerry. We’re going to be talking about moisturizers for different skin types, doing a beautiful makeover on her, discussing eyelashes, the different eyelash curlers, and proper eyebrow placement in the makeup. I’m going to be applying her eye shadow now, and just as we did the foundation, it was a base, I’m going to apply a base color on her eye shadow. This is a crease-resistant cream eye shadow, which means any powder that I put on top of it will not crease; it will make her eye shadow last all day. You can wear this alone if you’d like, it comes in all shades. I’m using like a high canvas color, a slight, slight yellow. This will also make her eyelids all one color, nice and even. Mainly, I use a cream eye shadow to base, because when I put powder on top of it, it will grab onto the powder and it’ll be crease resistant and much easier to blend. I’m applying the cream eye shadow with my finger. Most of the makeup I apply with my fingers. As a makeup artist, you really will not be able to have really long nails and you have to keep your hands nice and warm, nice and sanitized, always smell good, and be very gentle around the eyes. Since she’s going to have a natural look, I’m just going to use a soft grey and plum color. Always start with your dark color first. I’m slightly lifting up the eye. You don’t want to grab it real hard, just a slight lift and it’ll open up this area where you’re applying color. Once again, since I’m doing a very natural look, and if you notice I’m kind of doing a V, and I’m leaving this spot and this spot without any color, I’m going to go back to it. I’m using a little bit of a plum, looks like a brown though, and I’m blending it because we have that cream underneath it so it blends really pretty. I’m lifting up ever so gently, and I’m leaving this area and this area without any color yet. Blending it out, up and out, and we’re going to use a couple of other colors, but right now I’m just blending.

No comments:

Post a Comment